About this site
This section provides background information on the NZIPS website including accessibility, contacts and legal statements.
In this section:Copyright information Privacy information Disclaimer Site owner Accessibility Downloading our documents Glossary of terms Website contacts Website feedback
Material featured on this site is subject to Crown copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The Crown copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge for personal use without requiring specific permission, provided that the material is not altered, is not used in a misleading context and that the copyright status of the material is acknowledged.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.^ back to top
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing any personal information. This site does not collect any information that identifies individual users. The NZIPS Secretariat uses site statistics to:
- Help you quickly find services or information on the portal or predict demand for services
- Help NZIPS create content most relevant to you and improve the quality of the search results.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. filling in a form for the database) we will only use that information for the intended purpose, and will not disclose it to any third parties, unless you provide consent to the contrary.^ back to top
The information contained within the website is true and accurate to the best of the NZIPS Secretariats knowledge; however, the NZIPS Secretariat cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
The NZIPS Secretariat is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.^ back to top
Site Owner^ back to top
Access keys index
- [ - Skip to content
- ] - Footer
- 0 - Access key index
- 1 - Home
- 2 - Sitemap
- 3 - The Strategy
- 4 - Implementation
- 5 - Injury priorities
- 6 - Resources
- 7 - Database
- 8 - Links
- 9 - Contact
Downloading our documents
Most of the files on the NZIPS website are in PDF format. To read a PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, and you can download a free copy of the Reader from the Adobe website.
You can then open, read and print any PDF from your computer. When reading our PDF documents you can use the search function to find key words within the document.
This website is best viewed in Internet Explorer. The website does not currently view well when browsing on Mac computers. If you have any problems viewing the NZIPS website, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.^ back to top
Glossary of terms
A glossary of abbreviations and terms that are used on the NZIPS website and in NZIPS documents.
- ACC Accident Compensation Corporation
- ALAC - Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand
- DALYs Disability Adjusted Life Years
- DHBs - District Health Boards
- DoL Department of Labour
- DPC - Drowning Prevention Council
- EAP Expert Advisory Panel
- ERMA- Environmental Risk Management Authority
- GISG Government Inter-agency Steering Group
- IP Injury Prevention
- IPANZ Institute of Public Administration New Zealand
- IPAs - Independent Practitioners Associations
- IPLit database - Injury Prevention Literature database
- IPNANZ Injury Prevention Network Aotearoa New Zealand
- IPRC - Injury Prevention Research Centre (Auckland)
- IPRU - Injury prevention Research Unit (Otago)
- IRSST - Occupational Health and Safety Research Institute
- LTNZ Land Transport New Zealand
- MoH Ministry of Health
- MoJ Ministry of Justice
- MoT Ministry of Transport
- MSD Ministry of Social Development
- NGOs Non-Government Organisations
- NOHSAC - National Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Committee
- NZHIS New Zealand Health Information Service
- NZIPS New Zealand Injury Prevention Strategy
- OSH Occupational Safety and Health Service
- QSS Quality Swim Schools
- SPARC - Sport and Recreation New Zealand
- SPINZ - Suicide Prevention Information New Zealand website
- SRG Stakeholder Reference Group
- VUW Victoria University Wellington
- WAI Water Safe Auckland
- WHSS Workplace Health and Safety Strategy
For general enquiries, website feedback and any other questions please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.^ back to top
We welcome your feedback on our website.
How could we improve the NZIPS website?
- Would you like more information about a particular subject?
- Are there specific changes you would recommend for the NZIPS website?
- Do you have any general comments about the NZIPS website?
Please email your feedback to email@example.com.
Your comments and email address will only be used by the NZIPS Secretariat, and will not be passed to any third parties without your consent.^ back to top